DOWSIL™ FIRESTOP 700 Sealant is a low modulus, one-part, neutral curing, fire-rated silicone sealant. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to a range of common construction substrates including stone, steel, masonry, brick, wood, etc. It is ideal for weather-sealing of curtain walling, building facades and expansion joints where a fire rating is required. It is also suitable for use in penetration sealing systems where pipes and cables pass through fire rated structures.
Features & benefits
– Meets BS 476 Part 22
– Excellent unprimed adhesion to most porous and non-porous construction substrates
– Joint movement capability ±50%
– Neutral cure
– Conforms to ISO 11600-F&G-25LM
– A fire rating of up to 4 hours can be achieved
– Widely tested to many European specifications
– Tack-free in 1.5 hours
– Excellent weathering characteristics, including resistance to ozone, UV radiation and temperature extremes
– Long service life
– CE marked as a fire resistant according to ETAG 026
– Approved for railway standard EN 45545-2, R22/R23/R24-HL2
– The sealing of expansion joints and pipe and cable penetrations in fire rated structures.
– The provision of fire rated systems where expansion joints or penetration seals are required in curtain walling, building facades or partition walls.
More details can be found in the technical data sheet (available in english and french).